Excavation – digging for results
At demora, we dig what you’re sayin’ and have various sized excavators and equipment to get the job done. And if you’re the do-it-yourself type, consider renting our well maintained excavating equipment.
Excavating services include:
- trenching for pipe installations
- trenching for buried utility lines and cables
- manhole installations and repairs
- catch basin installations and repair
demora provides several types of construction excavation techniques depending on the actual size and situation:
- horizontal excavation – used in shallow sites where there are few buildings
- vertical excavation – used when there are numerous buildings
- hybrid excavation – best used when the site needs a deep excavation
- cofferdams – an effective technique for water logged areas or when the excavated site has a probability of collapsing
- step trenching – useful for deep excavation
Excavation procedures used by demora:
- thorough review of the site for all potential hazards
- removal of debris and excavated soil at the site
- removal of water
- location of overhead utility lines
- location of underground services
- identification of soil types to determine strength
- determination of what sloping, shoring or shielding is required
- preparation of an emergency plan
Excavation involves a lot more than just digging a big or deep hole. All excavation projects must be done properly or disastrous results could occur. That’s why all demora staff follow proper procedures and safety protocols required by the Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects.
Check us out – you’ll be glad you did!
demora also has products for sale such as aggregates or for rent such as event tents and portable buildings.
Contact us and let’s talk about how we can help you.